Sales Development Specialist, Process Analytics
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be accountable for sales of Analytical & Force Measurement in Process Automation Measurement & Analytics (PAMA) in Houston, Texas, driving sales volumes and margins.
Reporting to the Analytical Sales Manager, you will develop the Analytical Products, Solutions, and Services business for the Process Analytics products, primarily Gas Chromatographs, Reid Vapor Pressure analyzers, Multiwave photometers and the Continuous Gas analyzer product series for all process industry segments.This will be achieved with strategic account development and consultative application development to establish approval and preference for ABB Analytical products, solutions and services.This will be achieved collaboratively with ABB sales partners and ABB sales and service teams, demonstrating both commercial and technical expertise to lead in development efforts.
Identify and pursue business opportunities and strategy for development of Analytical products, solutions and services. Participate in planning efforts with other ABB Sales Managers. Establish and maintain close ties with customers, sales partners and support groups. Evaluate market conditions, prepare sales plans and forecasts and develop cost effective business strategies to achieve objectives. Provide input for preparation of strategic proposals and determine appropriate technical and contractual strategies consistent with the organization's objectives.
- Ensure that sales partners and sales teams are in full compliance with ABB Policies, Laws and Regulations
- Drive the Core Values and Behaviors defined by ABB PAMA Sales division
- Develop action plans by accounts and execute directly and by directing and leading collaborative efforts with Analytical sales partners and ABB sales and service teams. Establish business/market segment strategies to achieve growth/profitability objectives and increase customer satisfaction
- Provide market feedback and coordinate project teams with internal teams to develop unique business opportunities. Determine commercial viability of products and resources required
- Negotiate commercial positions with customers, partner and internal teams while effectively representing the organization
- Forecast bookings and meet/exceed resulting objectives
- Manage the Salesforce Sales Funnel, providing continuous support and direction to sales partners and sales teams
- Drive the activities and also development of sales partners to provide optimal sales coverage for sales development
- Train and mentor sales partners and sales teams, assess technical and sales skills and develop as needed
- Ensure that ABB meets customer expectations and contractual obligations
- Plan sales strategy and sales plans for major project development
- Develop and maintain technical influencer and management level contact with major accounts
- Build and maintain long-term customer relationships to increase market penetration and mitigate risk
- Analyzer markets to determine commercial viability of products, requirements and risks in the industry
- Foster strong and effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Minimum 10 years related technical experience with analytical products
- Higher education is valued especially in a technical field such as mechanical or electrical engineering, but not necessary if the candidate has the direct and proven industry experience and tenure as noted above
- Exceptional analytical, communication and leadership skills
- Industry sales and/or business development experience with process gas analyzers and their applications
- End user experience as a user of these products and their application
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.