Provides direct support to the SMB Care organization with added assistance to the Inside Sales, Account Management and Field Sales Teams when needed for processing, submitting and implementation of SMB and Next Gen products and services (SDWAN and UCaaS). Supports SMB Teams as a subject matter expert in Windstream products and services, with the primary role of educating both Windstream Reps and prospective business customers on available services. Verifies the technical order configuration and scheduling requirements with direct communication with customers, vendors and internal Windstream stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engages customers in a consultative manner in order to understand the technical and business challenges facing our prospective and current customers.
- Supports all SMB Care with proposal generation for all complex Windstream designs (pricing assistance, equipment design, addition of Visio and SEDD documentation, and detailed SOW).
- Accurately provides and documents technical requirements of services to be provided to customers.
- Assists internal and external vendors on recommended cutovers.
- Provides pre-installation support by assisting SMB Care with customer reviews.
- Logs and reports on proposal order status, including number of proposals and installation intervals, to higher management as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring clean, accurate orders are submitted to the downstream teams to minimize delays and “briefcase time”.
- Collaborates with internal teams as a liaison to support customer applications.
- Collaborates with Service Delivery to ensure customer requirements are communicated properly.
- Schedule and participate on SMB engineering review calls to close sales opportunities.
- Prepares, completes and presents all technical paperwork to the engineering team for SMB customer implementation.
- Develops collaborative relationships
- Creates and delivers focused echnical product training for the supported teams.IND123
College degree in Engineering or a related field and 3-5 years professional level experience; or 7 years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required.
ESSENTIAL JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Communication: Intermediate written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to build relationships over the phone. Must have a proactive communication style ensuring timely status updates to account team and customer. Able to develop relationships and communicate with both internal and external customers.
- Technical Skills: Strong understanding of voice/data/internet applications, communications technology and network design. IP Routing and Switching, IP V4/V6, MPLS, VPN, SIP and TDM Voice, Data Center, Cloud Solutions, Virtualization, Managed Services, UCaaS.
- Solid understanding of technical terminology related to company products & services. Requires general knowledge of voice and data communications equipment. Understanding of sales cycles and the solution selling process, preferably at multiple levels. Solid presentation skills.
- Problem Solving: Strong analytical skills. Must be able to work through complex issues with a methodical approach.
- Work Style: Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be detail oriented.
- Computer Skills: Strong MS Office Suite knowledge and usage. Ability to learn internal company systems and applications.
- Knowledgeable in the use and configuration of IP Based phone systems i.e. MyOfficeSuite and Allworx offerings.
- Business Acumen: Must have an intermediate understanding of telecommunications industry and sales cycles.
Job Category: Customer Service
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.