SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Sales Executive, you will be responsible for both global and domestic sales of all SGS services applicable to assigned channels, including but not limited to testing, inspection, and audits. This position will be based in San Diago.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for generating and closing leads and opportunities within a strategic business unit (SBU) for global and domestic accounts, in accordance with SGS CRS sales strategies and individual targets.
- Builds and maintains an effective and professional relationship and close cooperation with key internal customers and support teams, including client services, global sales, technical, and operations.
- Executes sales and offers solutions to US-based customers for domestic opportunities within channels described in primary responsibilities above.
- Visits potential customers to prospect for new business.
- Develop close working relationships with SGS affiliates to fully present SGS capabilities and close sales.
- Develops and issues quotations and proposals, negotiates fees, terms, and conditions as necessary.
- Secures appropriate legal documents for client relationships, including non-disclosure agreements, service agreements, and statements of work.
- Works to fully qualify all opportunities for sales to accounts in assigned channels.
- Develops close cooperation with the client’s service team to ensure ease and transparency of client information and requirements.
- Develops sales and marketing plans with sales managers to ensure the achievement of targets.
- Attends industry and trade show events for lead generation and prospecting.
- Performs key sales administrative functions: prepares call reports, pre-and post- tradeshow reports, sales reports, maintenance of all data in Customer Platform SharePoint site, and other reports/presentations as may be required by management.
- Works closely with the business unit managers when responding to a request for proposal (RFP) to inform them of market conditions, pricing issues, and the current competition on the program.
- Makes presentations to various groups within the customer’s organization when needed.
- Acts as the lead person on preparing the written proposal in response to customer’s RFP, coordinates all information from the different disciplines and arranges the formal response.
- Maintains knowledge of the SGS Group network and services.
- Actively promotes the image, capability and integrity of SGS to the account.
- At all times, adopts a safe behavior by exercising applicable health and safety rules and regulations of SGS employees and clients, in line with SGS policies and procedures.
- At all times, complies with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational background in Analytical Sciences, Engineering, Business, or related field
- 4-7 years demonstrated sales success in the professional services industry, including
- 2 years of experience in the industry for the relevant business unit (Electrical and Electronics)
- 2 years of project/contract management experience
- Language Skills: English, Advanced required, Other language skills (French, Japanese, Spanish) are a plus
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook) – Intermediate user proficiency is required. Computer literacy (creating, filing, saving/uploading, searching, backup, etc.) required
- International business exposure in imported consumer products desired
- Persuasive, diplomatic, but always to the point and a strong ability to sell a concept
- Hands-on, self-driven, open-minded, results-oriented proactive team player
- Willing and able to interact with Client on a regular basis including face-to-face meetings
- Ability to work well independently and adapt quickly to a dynamic environment.
- Ability to multitask, detail-oriented with a keen sense of urgency.
- Ability to complete projects and assignments on a timely basis.
- Willing and able to work in a global network operating in various time zones.
- Leadership skills
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical and or Clinical Laboratory skills
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements
- Target oriented
- Project Management and organizational skills
- Availability, flexibility, and responsiveness
- Strong service-oriented mindset
- Professional, high standards in personal presentation
- Ability to manage relationships under stress
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.