WSYX ABC6, WTTE FOX28, WWHO CW in Columbus, OH is looking for a strong Sales Manager to guide our sales efforts. This position requires an individual who possesses strong leadership skills who can direct a local sales team in selling new business and creating revenue streams through a multi-screen integrated approach. The candidate must have a successful track record in sales management, staff recruitment, and developmental skills as well as strong leadership capabilities.
In this position you will:
- Develop a high performing sales team that meets or exceeds revenue goals by driving client results through creative marketing solutions.
- Develop sales strategies, plans and alignment in support of revenue goals.
- Achieve client results, satisfaction and retention.
- Effectively manage sales operations including inventory, OSI, SELL, Cognos and others as determined by the General Manager and Director of Sales.
- Achieve strong performance of Local, Regional and National accounts.
- Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with local clients
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience in TV and digital sales management
- Hands on TV advertising and digital sales and operational background is a must
- Ability to meet revenue budgets via digital interactive and other approaches
- Strong and positive leadership skills
- Highly skilled leader, negotiator and motivator
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OSI is preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Exceeding revenue goals
- Forecasting, Inventory Control and Pricing
- Sales Promotion
- Development of non-traditional revenue sources, as well as new media and strategic planning
- Excellent inventory management is essential
- Knowledge of Nielsen and Comscore ratings services, and familiarity with OSI a plus!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.