The Sales Marketing Coordinator provides marketing support for the national sports Ad Sales teams for Sinclair Sports Group. This role is engaged in all aspects of the sales and sponsorship process, including concept development for client pitches to coordinating with creative services, ad operations, social, production, and other internal departments to ensure successful partnerships with our clients. This individual helps develop, activate and execute monetizable and innovative multi-platform marketing solutions for new and existing sponsors. This position reports directly to the Directors of Sales Marketing in our New York City office.
Sinclair is seeking someone with a passion for sports and digital, and who has experience and a strong understanding of media sales, experience responding to RFPs, and a strong sense of high-quality branded video content. Familiarity with digital platforms, the sports media landscape, and experience with campaign management is a plus.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (including, but not limited to)
- Collaborate with the Sales Marketing team to support Sales by developing innovative integrated solutions across linear, digital, print, and social platforms
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to build client/agency pitches– requires proven experience working with PowerPoint, Excel and the media buying/RFP process
- Work closely with On-air Graphics, Social, Content and Production teams to execute branded content, as well as in-show integrations and sponsorable enhancements
- Brainstorm with internal departments to create multi-channel sponsorships that are custom tailored for brands
- Collaborate with sales team on campaign performance projections and strategy
- Ensure that all incoming orders are processed according to the contractual specifications determined by the Sales, Ad Operations and Finance Departments
- Help develop presentations and one-sheets for programming, events and tournaments in conjunction with other departments including Research, Production and Marketing
- Maintain excellent communication with external parties including agency and client stakeholders, third party organizations and vendors
- Follows marketplace trends and provide updates and insights during brainstorm sessions and weekly Sales meetings
- General knowledge of sports.
- Strong written and oral communications skills; ability to work across departments to implement solutions
- Excellent presentation skills; comfortable with various presentation applications, especially Microsoft-PowerPoint
- Must work with a sense of urgency and be able to effectively prioritize projects
- Comfortable taking initiative, self-sufficient, and resourceful
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively to generate out-of-the-box and creative solutions
- Passion for sports, content creation, gamification, particularly NBA, MLB, NHL, Tennis and College sports
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 1-2 years experience working in media sales, advertising, marketing or a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of branded content, digital media and online video– understanding of rate types (CPM, CPV, etc.), impressions, and KPIs for basic digital media packages
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms, specifically: paid promotions, video capabilities (native & ad), and analytic dashboards (Facebook and Twitter are a priority)
- Experience working with Microsoft Office software; Familiarity with Adobe Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator) is not required, but is a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.