We are Stewart & Stevenson. Our unique line-up of products and services means that you’ll get exposure to a broad range of industries including oil & gas, power generation, construction, transportation, marine, mining and agriculture. With more than 1300 employees in 64 locations in the U.S. and abroad, our small, customer-focused teams share a common commitment to the quality and value of service.
Responsible for effectively selling diesel and gas powered generator sets for the industrial, commercial, medical institutional and petrochemical markets in an assigned territory to achieve maximum sales profitability and growth.
* Generate new customer accounts as well as service and maintain existing accounts. Analyze customer needs and interests and determine how company products and services can best meet their needs.
* Recommend and sell manufactured generator sets, accessories and related equipment utilizing knowledge of power generation equipment.
* Achieve sales goals and forecasts, as established by the department and the organization.
* Assist in marketing and sale of new products and/or prototypes to the existing marketplace.
* Review completed jobs for variations in component costing.
* Interface with other departments, including engineering, manufacturing, production, purchasing and accounting, to oversee project development and ensure timely delivery of finished products.
* Monitors sales orders to ensure project costs, materials lists and delivery schedules meet project specifications and deadlines.
* Compute installation or production costs, and prepare and submit bid specifications to existing and potential customers for review. Negotiate proposals and sales and service contracts with customers.
* Establish, maintain and develop business, social and networking relationships with individuals within the power generation industry in order to generate and maintain a positive business image for the organization within the industry.
* Plan and organize sales strategy.
* Expedite the resolution of customer problems, issues or complaints.
* Attend sales and trade meetings and reads related publications to obtain current market condition information, business trends, and industry developments.
* Demonstrate and explain use of installed equipment and production processes.
* Provide management oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, market situation, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
* Conduct all business transactions in an ethical manner.