Are you an ambitious, multi-tasker who can solve problems in a fast-paced environment that loves BACON? Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
Our Sales Representative is an entry level sales role designed to expose individuals to all aspects of a sales position including selling to our customers, broker management, product training including visits to all relevant manufacturing facilities, trade and deduction management. This includes trade applications, forecasting and demand planning.Core Responsibilities
Manages metrics to meet or exceed all assigned sales objectives including volume, profit, and expense associated with selling products to all accounts.
Support and continuously develop relationships with current customers.
Manage and develop sales accounts.
Evaluate customer complaints and resolve issues; maintains customer account relationships.
Fiscally accountable for managing within an assigned budget.
Ensures that sales account initiatives are implemented and executed at store level.
Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers
Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 2+ years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with Spreadsheet, Word Processing, and Sales software.
- Planning, organization, and execution skills.
- Strong verbal and written language skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time in and around the city of St. Louis and surrounding vicinty. Minimal overnight travel.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits