Sales Support & Engineering Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Sales Support & Engineering Manager ensures technical and commercial support for the LV High Power Drives, DC Drives, and MV Drives product offering.
Reporting to the Local Division Manager, this role manages a team of engineers and designers to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, and timely engineering solutions to external and internal customers. This role will work out of Wauwatosa, WI.
- Support the local Sales organizations and external and internal customers in determining the most technically appropriate and cost-effective solution during the preparation of demanding offers, technical customer meetings, product presentations and, negotiations with customers.
- Lead engineering and design activities for engineered-to-order drive solutions during the bid and execution phase of projects to ensure the delivery of custom-engineered technical solutions according to customer requirements. Drive the development of processes and best practices based on customer feedback.
- Oversee the preparation of proposals through internal and external resources. Ensure the most competitive offers based on market conditions and customer requirements.
- Identify optimal sales strategy (e.g., direct sales, consortium, channel) to best serve customers with tailored solutions and implement together with Sales and Marketing leaders.
- Assign and allocate internal and external resources for technical and commercial support, engineering activities, and proposal preparation. Ensure that the Sales Support and Engineering department is adequately organized, staffed, skilled, and directed. Guide, motivate, and develop direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 12 years experience in Sales, Sales Support, Engineering, or other technical or commercial organizations in the industrial or manufacturing space.
- Customer and market oriented strategic mindset with the ability to drive business results through people management, ability to lead and inspire teams and achieve results through empowerment and development of team members.
- Previous engineering, or sales support management experience in the industrial and manufacturing space.
- Detailed understanding of variable frequency drives applications and technology.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB System Drives is a global supplier of high-power, high-performance drives, drive systems and packages for industrial processes and large infrastructure applications. With our industry leading technology and global support, we help our customers, partners and equipment manufacturers with asset reliability, performance improvement and energy efficiency in mission critical applications. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.