The Sales Training Coordinator is an integral member of the Sales Training team and will share responsibility in the design, development, and delivery of training modules for the Global Sales & Marketing organization. The Sales Training Coordinator will not only ensure training content is organized and delivered appropriately but will also play a key role in measuring training effectiveness to assist Sales Training leadership in optimizing overall program components. In practice, Sales Training is intended to deliver instruction that enhances the transfer, retention, and application of knowledge and skills, contributing to specific role performance goal attainment and overall positive company culture. The Sales Training Coordinator’s primary objective is to support program effectiveness to directly impact sales productivity in meeting organizational goals.
Training Program Administration
- Administer sales onboarding programs, ensuring sales new hires have the foundational knowledge to be productive in their role
- Coordinate training sessions, both virtual and in the field: registration, logistics/site prep, communication, and preparation of educational materials, including PowerPoint presentations, training videos, FAQs and step-by-step guides
- System administration of LMS to store and manage training modules, organize curriculum, capture program registration, and manage tracking and reporting
Training Module Development
- Work with Sales Training leadership to develop training modules to deliver on training curriculum objectives
- Align with a solution selling methodology for content development and delivery
- Participate in the planning and development of training modules, working with business leaders and subject matter experts, so that material created supports the expertise on the latest services, products, processes, and skills for the sales teams
- Liaise with Sales Enablement to construct engaging sustainability plans and training communications that reinforce key knowledge and skills beyond initial course completion
Measurement and Optimization
- Develop and administer training assessments to validate training effectiveness
- Assess instructional effectiveness and summarize evaluation reports determining the impact of training on employee skills and how it affects sales KPIs
- Continuously monitor and solicit feedback on all training programs and materials to ensure accuracy, relevance, and effectiveness; provide recommendations to enhance training program offerings
Learning & Development Leadership
- Promote collaboration and partnership by developing solid working relationships across all strata of the organization
- Maintain current knowledge of latest industry trends to ensure the right tools and platforms are leveraged to ensure training is efficient, engaging, and successful in meeting objectives
- Keep current with training and learning industry methodologies and best practices to identify ones that are the best fit and can be well-executed at Digital Realty for team success
- BA/BS degree, with minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in Sales, Sales Training and Enablement, or Marketing, preferably in the Telecommunications or IT industries
- Exceptional ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively, quickly shifting gears to meet evolving business requirements while maintaining ability to deliver on objectives
- Experience in directly creating content, skill building activities, and job aids/collateral to support comprehension and retention of key training objectives
- Clear understanding of the entire training development cycle: assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, deliver, monitor and evaluate
- Capacity to learn new technology concepts and terminologies quickly with ability to translate technical material in terms relevant to services
- Foundational knowledge of sales strategies, processes, and methodologies, with demonstrated competence in sales skills and product/service training
- Innovative thinker with strong technical skills and ability to recommend and adopt new technologies and platforms quickly
- Analytical thinker able to summarize large quantities of data and create relevant and effective training material
- Exceptional listening, verbal, and written communications skills, with the ability to present professionally to all levels, both business and technical, within an organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build solid, productive, cross-departmental relationships, lead projects with diverse teams, and influence decision making with senior-level audiences
- Ability to work efficiently and seamlessly on virtual teams and accommodate time zone differences
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and maintain a positive, result-oriented attitude
- Comfortable using live and online methods for demonstrations and training delivery
- Fluency with learning management systems and platforms
- MS Office proficiency, with particular focus on PowerPoint
- Experience with CRMs, preferably Salesforce.com
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world.
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.