Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Salesforce Engineer II, Information Technology in any of the following locations: McLean, VA; San Antonio, TX; Charlotte, NC; Atlanta, GA; or Jacksonville, FL. The primary purpose of this job is to guide other application developers and leads in the creation of large or complex applications that facilitate the achievement of business outcomes by process and technology.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- With guidance of a senior staff member, develop software for break/fix and business requests by studying information needs; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Prepare specialized code as required by the product definition to enable application development.
- Contribute technical expertise to requirements analysis to enhance the quality of the solution design.
- Complete testing and gather feedback to improve the quality and reduce operational risk of the developed application.
- Undertake post-release activities to develop a base of knowledge to be incorporated in future build and release cycles.
- Provide level application support and problem resolution to minimize the impact of application related service outages.
- Balance competing demands to ensure project objectives are achieved.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of technology relevant to the work unit, and identify and select the most appropriate technology for assigned tasks.
- Identify opportunities to use a broad range of communications technologies to deliver effective messages.
- Understand, act on and monitor compliance with information and communications security and use policies.
- Identify ways to leverage the value of technology to achieve team/unit outcomes, using the existing technology of the business.
- Support compliance with the records, information and knowledge management requirements of the organization.
- Recommend/design structures and tools for systems, which meet business needs.
- Deliver technical visualization of proposed applications for approval by customer and execution by system developers.
- Translate logical designs into physical designs, and produces detailed design documentation.
- Map work to user specification and removes errors and deviations from specification to achieve user-friendly processes.
- May act as project leader or receive work assignments from designated project leaders.
- Analyze, design, develop, document and test application programs and system components of a medium to complex nature.
- Must be able to work multiple projects concurrently and shift priorities as required to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Work as the highest level technical expert, acting as an internal consultant for all tasks in the analysis, design, testing and implementation of assignments.
- Ensure appropriate company and departmental Change Control and operational procedures are followed for all production-related updates assigned changes.
- Job duties as assigned
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in SalesForce Development with FSC
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Applications Development / Application Delivery Pipelines.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with Git.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with infrastructure designs, implementation, and support.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with provisioning tool (Docker, Nugget etc.)
- Knowledge of the major peripheral systems that work in conjunction with assigned applications.
- Minimum of four (4)+ years’ experience
Hands on Experience in Apex, Batch Apex, Queueable Apex, @future, Platform Events, Trigger,
Lightning Flows, Visualforce Page, SOQL/SOSL, Apex Test Class, Integration with REST and
SOAP based API's, Lightning Web Components, HTML, CSS, SLDS, etc.
Exposure to Apex and Lightning best practices along with Apex Design Patterns would be added advantage
Understanding on Salesforce Architecture and Governor Limits
Good understandings of latest releases and upgrades from Salesforce
Hands-on experience using VS Code, Git, Apex Data Loader and Code review process
- Scripting languages such as, Python, Ruby, Bash, or Perl,
- MS SQL
- Deployment Management Tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Cloud based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2/ECS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Developing automation workflows and routines, using Open Source Tools
- Large-scale software implementation (high transaction volume, high-availability concepts)
- Windows, Linux, server automation and scripting
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I
Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator (Preferred)
Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder (Preferred)
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II
- Salesforce Specialist : Apex, Data Integration, Lightning Component Framework Specialist
- AWS, AZURE, Google Certified preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.