Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement if you’ve got the ambition. The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.Responsibilities
What You'll Do
As the Salvage Supervisor you will be responsible for providing day to day direction, technical supervision and strong leadership to a staff of specialists. You will manage quality assurance and serve as a technical resource to staff and others in the organization. You will also review complex cases and settle or initiate further action as needed. You will manage multiple teams to ensure productivity, quality handling and budget goals are achieved.
- Perform people management functions: hire, coach, develop, motivate, train, evaluate, reward, discipline and terminate. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Review files for accuracy and completion.
- Ensure legal compliance by following guidelines, company policies, and state and federal insurance regulations.
- Monitor salvage recoveries and salvage title handling.
- Communicate and maintain relationship with salvage vendor.
- Review incoming file assignments and work load, ensuring appropriate distribution amongst the team
- Resolve elevated calls from customers and lienholders.
- Ensures compliance with state specific laws in regards to total loss and salvage handling.