TheSample Login Technician’s primary responsibility is to enter sample IDs andrequired tests from the chains ofcustody (COCs) into LIMS in a complete and accurate manner.
The Sample Login Technician’s will alsoreceive and document samples and chains of custody (COCs) in a complete andaccurate manner and check integrity of all aspects of sample receipt. TheSample Login Technician will provide numbers to COCs according to a sequentialjob numbering system and designate sample ID numbers to each individual sampleor sample set.
The Sample Login Technician willassign and relocate samples to specific shelf locations in the appropriate coldstorage (walk-in refrigerators) or ambient locations by analysis anddepartment. Computer generated bottle records with volumes, workgroups,preservatives and locations are created, including bar code identifiers.
The COCs will be distributed to theappropriate management staff in the case of rush jobs or short holding timeprojects.
The Sample Login Technician is alsoresponsible for removing historical samples from completed jobs and assigningthe samples for disposal.
The Sample Login Technician may berequired to answer telephone inquiries or requests for bottleware, volumes, andcourier pickups.REPORTING LINE Directly reports to Sample Management Manager JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Receive sample coolers andcontainers and document the receipt
• Some sample containers of varioussizes (250ml, 500ml, 1000ml, etc.) will be required to be opened and checkedfor adequate preservation. Note: Preservation check is for aqueous samplesonly. No solvents, liquids, or malodorous samples are tested in this fashion.
• Create bottle records, generatebottle labels, and label samples.
• Transfer samples to and from cold orambient storage areas.
• Maintain all required documentationwith accuracy and clarity.
• Provide communications regardingsample information to laboratory departments.
• Communicate with clients regardingrequests.
• Adheres to internal standards, policies andprocedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.