SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As the Sample Prep Technician, you will be responsible for preparing test samples, test equipment, testing, and reporting of test results of our client's materials. Candidates will be expected to support SGS in such a manner as to fulfill the company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and safety objectives.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Conducting sample preparation, cut, polish, grind, etc.
- Read and understand written instructions.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Provide technical support and assistance to staff and engineers.
- Maintain and clean laboratory instruments and equipment & perform preventative maintenance.
- Floater Lab Technicians will be required to operate:
- Metal cutting band saws
- Manual and automated polishing equipment
- Abrasive cut-off saws
- High School Diploma
- 0-2 years related experience and/or training
- Experience with sample preparation, using saws, grinders, etc.
- Self-motivated, team player with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to obtain and record, in an accurate manner, measurements using appropriate instruments.
Physical Demands of the Job
- Will be occasionally required to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level is moderate.
- Frequently required to use hazardous chemicals.
- Frequently requires the employee to stand and walk.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk/hear.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.