SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Sample Login Technician’s primary responsibility is to receive and document samples and chains of custody (COCs) in a complete and accurate manner and check integrity of all aspects of sample receipt. Sample Login Technicians will provide numbers to COCs according to a sequential job numbering system and designate sample ID numbers to each individual sample or sample set.
Sample Login Technicians will assign and relocate samples to specific shelf locations in the appropriate cold storage or ambient locations by analysis and department. Computer generated bottle records with volumes, workgroups, preservatives and locations are created, including bar code identifiers. COCs will be distributed to the appropriate management staff in the case of rush jobs or short holding time project.
Sample Login Technicians are also responsible for removing historical samples from completed jobs and assigning the samples for disposal.
Some sample preparation techniques including immediate sample filtration may be required.
Finally, Sample Login Technicians may be required to answer telephone inquiries or requests for bottle ware, volumes, and courier pickups.
The Sample Login Technician:
- Receives sample coolers and containers and documents the receipt.
- Assigns numbers to COCs and distributes as needed.
- Creates bottle records, generates bottle labels, and labels samples.
- Transfers samples to and from cold or ambient storage areas.
- Creates Problem Notes for COC non-conformance, breakage, or other problems.
- Follows all Accutest Safety, Ethics and Quality practices.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Reads, understands and performs all applicable laboratory SOPs as written.
- Maintains all required documentation with accuracy and clarity.
- Provides communications regarding sample information to laboratory departments.
- Communicates with clients regarding requests.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Six months to one-year related experience and/or training
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to do basic math
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Demonstrates responsiveness and adaptability following change initiatives and demonstrates ongoing support for change efforts
- Strong customer service skills
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
- Ascending or descending stairs, ramps and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
- Ascending or descending ladders, scaffolding, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Bending legs downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish task, particularly for long distances.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Standing, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving object horizontally from position to position.
- Substantial movements (motion) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers in a repetitive manner.
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature.
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, and works with the fingers.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.