Sanitation employees will clean and maintain warehouse aisles, product slots, and will also assist in general cleaning of the distribution center.Core Responsibilities
- Clean and maintain warehouse aisles and product slots
- Clean spills including damaged product, oil, grease, broken glass, etc. May require use of sawdust, brooms, mops, or shovels
- Remove product from slots with the use of a pallet jack, clean slot with cleaning supplies and an electric scrubber, and replace product
- Occasionally pull product out of the slot with a pallet jack and cleaning behind it with the proper supplies and a scrubber
- Collecting and baling plastic wrap throughout your shift
- May clean and maintain facility through use of disinfecting products
- Other duties as assigned
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Work experience in a sanitation or similar role in a distribution environment is preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions and labels.
- Must be able to work effectively independently.
You will be constantly standing, walking, riding, carrying, twisting, bending, balancing, seeing, hearing, and handling paperwork. You will regularly be pushing or lifting objects weighing from less than 20 lbs. up to 60 lbs.Scope/Impact of Job
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.EEO/AA Information
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits