Look for more than answers.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Science Software Engineer, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
This is a virtual/remote position.
Science Software Engineer – the role:
You will work in the bioinformatics team, supporting the analysis and data processing of clinical DNA sequencing results from patient samples. Your work will support providing diagnostic, prognostic and relevant treatment information to patients and their treating physicians. Activities may be individual projects or assignments within a project team, often working closely with other Software Developers, R&D bench scientists, Genetic Counselors, Operations Scientists, and other technical business partners. Your role will be to contribute to the design, implementation and acceptance of state-of-the-art applications that support these processes.
- Build and maintain applications and APIs for on-prem and cloud deployment that process data from Quest’s sequencing tests.
- Consult on process and technology improvement efforts within R&D, Operations, and IT departments.
- Stay current with data engineering best practices and promote new techniques as internal subject matter expert.
- Adhere to software development best practices
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experienced with AWS Solution Components
- Proficiency in building, deploying and orchestrating Docker containers
- Experience in API design and development
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages, including Python
- Experience with version control management tools, preferably GitLab
- Knowledge of structured file formats is required, eg JSON and HL7
- Experience with workflow languages
- Experience working with a relational database, preferably PL/SQL
- Requires MS (preferred) or BS degree in engineering, life science, computer science, or related discipline.
- BS with 5+ years or MS with 2-3 years of professional software development or technical engineering experience in an industrial or academic setting.
- Experience in life sciences and bioinformatics is a strong plus.
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.