With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This position is a responsible for performance of lipid nanoparticle based mRNA vaccine and adjuvanted protein vaccine formulation and characterization, to support vaccine discovery and process development.
Vaccine formulation to support vaccine development
• Performance of mRNA vaccine formulation, biophysical characterization and stability evaluation to support vaccine process development.
• Performance of mRNA vaccine and adjuvanted protein vaccine formulation to support vaccine preclinical development in animal models.
Documentation and presentation of scientific results.
• Write experimental protocols and prepare internal reports. Maintain lab notebooks.
• Collaborate with project teams, present research results and contribute to technical advancements and publications.
• Attending group meetings and precipitate in the discussion. Prepare slides for presentation when applicable.
• Maintain functional laboratory equipment and follow HSE regulation.
• Maintain the RNAse free supplies of glassware and aliquot to support the LNP and Vaccine formulation
• Bachelor or Master degree in relevant technical field (Pharmaceutical Science, Chemistry, Biomedical engineering, etc.)
• BS with 3+ years minimum, or MS with 0+ years of academic or pharmaceutical/biotech experience in protein biochemistry.
• Basic lab safety knowledge, including PPE wearing, waste disposing, hazards handling, data security are required.
• The ability to generate accurate and reproducible results along with multi-tasking and working effectively in a fast-paced environment are required.
• Ability to work in teams and written/oral communication skills are required.Experience with characterizing nanoparticle such as DLS-Zeta measurement and UV-Vis Spectroscopy is preferred.
• Experience with UPLC, MALS, SDS-PAGE, Nanodrop, Ribogreen,Osmolarity and Endotoxin tests is a PLUS
• Experience with liposome formulation, microfluidic synthesis, diafiltering system, lipid nanoparticle formulation, cell culture or other biologics formulation is a PLUS