With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
- Uses expertise in the fields of virology, cell biology, molecular biology and NGS to support ongoing virology studies and ensure those studies deliver measurable benefits.
- Responsible for projects that will drive future grown through process improvements in virus seed generation and development.
- Mentors more junior Virology and other team members in scientific discussions, design of experimentation and execution in the laboratory.
- Responsible for utilizing scientific expertise to contribute to development projects and commercial support through TD, into Operations, and provides ongoing technical support to Operations and Quality.
- Leads portions of the design, development and execution of strategies, plans, and processes/methods to enable product and process development.
- Uses a data driven approach to progress development deliverables
- Proactively identifies development and improvement opportunities, generates a supportive business case, and functions as a team member in cross-functional teams to deliver those opportunities
- Responsible for using scientific knowledge to support site / global projects.
- Represents TD department in cross-functional forums to support manufacturing, QC and other relevant functions.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience with biological processes (i.e. Virology) to develop and commercialize techniques for producing high yield candidate vaccine viruses focused on the cell culture platform (i.e. seed innovation)
- Uses Virologic, general scientific, and statistical knowledge to lead product, process and testing related investigations.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to less experienced colleagues and acts as a technical advisor for the work of team members
- Demonstrates leadership abilities through project leadership, collaboration and serves as an example for other team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences or related scientific field required. Master’s Degree, or PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Virology, Molecular Biology or related field required.
- Previous experience in R&D/Development setting required.
- Experience in cell culture required.
- Experience with NGS data analysis, Flow cytometry, or synthetic virus construction a plus.
- Must be able to effectively partner with diverse team members from various functions, multiple countries and members at various levels in organization.
- Must be a self-starter, be able to work with minimal supervision in a matrix environment and effectively manage multiple projects.