SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
• Perform analytical studies on biologics utilizing primarily, but not solely, high resolution LCMS in a fast-paced leading Contract Research Organization.
• Perform various tasks in support of laboratory operation and maintenance.
• Operate and maintain laboratory instrumentation required for cGMP analyses.
• Perform MS analyses of biologics. These studies include, but not limited to, protein molecular weight analysis, peptide mapping, protein sequencing, post-translational modifications qualitative and quantitative analyses, and glycan structural analysis using primarily but not solely high resolution mass spectrometry.
• Prepare chemical solutions and perform detailed and complex analytical procedures (e.g., digestions, purifications, buffer exchanges etc.) following SOP’s and established test Protocols.
• Write and review reports, protocols, and any documentation in relation with the performance of the work.
• Provide Technical input and support LSS West Chester Customer Service Team whenever required.
• Work closely with Quality Assurance to meet all necessary regulatory requirements.
A minimum PhD level scientist with 2-4 years of experience in Protein mass spectrometry or a M.S. level scientist with a minimum of 5 to 7 yrs experience in Protein mass spectrometry.
• Have strong hands-on experience with H/UPLC and high resolution mass spectrometry applied to Large Molecules characterization and quantification
• Experience with de novo protein sequencing (manual and software-assisted data interpretation).
• Industry cGMP experience a plus.
• Be highly motivated, independent and interactive.
• Effectively collaborate with colleagues, both internal and external.
• Demonstrate professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Be highly organized and capable of multitasking to meet required deadlines.
• Have ability to focus on critical tasks, give proper attention to detail.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.