Scientist Clinical Lab I - WD - West Hills, CA - Tuesday-Saturday
$10K SIGN-ON BONUS
Medical/Dental/Vision for Full-Time employees
Paid Time Off
Annual Bonus Opportunity
401K matching + employee stock purchase plan
Tuition Reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs.
Opportunities for career advancement
As the world’s leading clinical laboratory, Quest Diagnostics played a central role in the national response to COVID-19. Our nearly 50,000 employees banded together to support each other and the thousands of patients we serve every day. We prioritized the health and safety of our frontline workers, enabled timely and effective decision-making and collaborated with each other across functions.
1. Prepares and tests new reagents or controls and evaluates their usefulness based on standard criteria.
2. Determines the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria in testing procedures.
3. Accurately enters results of testing. Checks the computer review reports to monitor accurate reporting of laboratory results.
4. Evaluates the acceptability of routine analysis prior to releasing patient reports. Takes appropriate action in response to critical values or unusual or unexpected results, and documents action taken.
5. Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and/or calibration of laboratory equipment and properly documenting actions taken based on approved schedule.
1. A Bachelors of Science degree in medical technology or biological sciences from an accredited college or university.
2. A current California state Clinical Laboratory Scientist license to perform laboratory testing.
3. Zero to three year's direct experience in a laboratory setting.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.]