With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The individual will develop LC-MS based assays for characterization of proteins, glycans and RNAs. The incumbent will serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on mass spectrometry within the analytical department to support vaccine development, process related investigations and improvement. He/she will be responsible for assay qualification to support CTM release, in-process control. This individual will mentor/supervise junior scientific associates in a matrix R&D environment.
- Designs and executes experiments for qualitative and quantitative LC-MS analysis of viral vaccine candidates and standards
- Contributes to method qualification to support process and product development
- Evaluates novel analytical technologies, proposes new analytical methods or improvements to current methods
- Uses a data driven approach to drive development deliverables
- Proactively identifies development and improvement opportunities, generates a supportive business case, and drives cross-functional teams to deliver those opportunities
- Leads the development and execution of strategies, plans, and methods to enable product and process development, and method transfers
- Authors study protocols, characterization reports, and/or scientific manuscripts for external publication and patent application
- Ensures all experimental procedures and documentation are compliant with highest quality and regulatory standards
• Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree or PhD in related scientific field; advanced degree preferred
• 8+ years with BS, 6+ years with MS or 4+ years with PhD
• Experience in pharmaceutical development in one or more of various disciplines including (but not limited to) Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry etc. Extensive experience required for LC-MS method development on large molecule analysis, experience with method qualification desired
• In-depth knowledge on protein and/or RNA chemistry
• Highly proficient in utilizing Thermo’s Vanquish LC, CAD, TSQ and Orbitrap MS systems for method development
• Extensive experience of using two or more MS software applications: TraceFinder, Chromeleon, BioPharma Finder and Mascot Database Search Engine
• Demonstrated leadership abilities through project management
• Demonstrated Lominger competencies in ethics and values, integrity and trust, decision quality, functional/technical skills, peer relationships, perseverance and problem solving
• Timely delivery of objectives in a dynamic environment
• Effective verbal & written & presentation skills in a cross functional environment
• Ability to work effectively in a matrixed team environment is essential