Look for more than answers.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast-moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
As a Scientist, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge.
The Scientist will work on-site at our Chantilly, VA laboratory.
Scientist – the role:
The Scientist manages analytical projects in R&D, and supervises projects from the assay design, validation and implementation. The Scientist manages special projects in R&D and operates as a technical consultant in maintaining current testing reliability, including diagnosing test failures and implementing corrective action. This also professional assists the Scientific Director in the development and maintenance of the R&D Department.
- Coordinates and provides bench level supervision of projects for R & D techniques as directed by the Scientific Director.
- Coordinates the implementation of new procedures within the department and with other support departments.
- Performs statistical analysis and validation of new methods. Provides written summaries of work to be used for method documentation.
- Trains staff in new methods both in technical and instrumental aspects.
- Manages special projects with the duties of coordination of resources and personnel.
- Serves as a resource for liquid chromatography and Mass Spec related questions.
- Maintains present testing reliability including diagnosing test failures (instrumental and chemical) and implementing corrective action.
- Provides technical understanding of analytical techniques.
- Responsible for informing the appropriate supervisor of all problems associated with the proper performance of test procedures.
- Maintains accurate records of all corrective and preventive maintenance to satisfy to licensing requirement.
- Actively supports and complies with laboratory policies and procedures.
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- B. S., M. S., or Ph.D. in appropriate clinical or applied science. At least 6 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree, 4 years of relevant experience with a Master's degree, or 1-2 years of experience with a Ph.D. degree.
- Ability to manage time and details.
- Good verbal and written skills required.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively with supervisors, co-workers and clients.
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.