Look for more than answers.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far-reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Scientist, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
Scientist, the role:
The Scientist will manage analytical projects in R&D, and supervises projects from the assay design, validation and implementation. This position also manages special projects in R & D, and operates as a technical consultant in maintaining current testing reliability including diagnosing test failures and implementing corrective action. The Scientist assists the Technical Director in the development and maintenance of the R & D Department. The incumbent actively supports and complies with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and provides bench level supervision of projects for R & D techniques as directed by the Technical Director.
- Coordinates the implementation of new procedures within the department and with other support departments.
- Performs statistical analysis and validation of new methods. Provides written summaries of work to be used for method documentation.
- Trains staff in new methods both in technical and instrumental aspects.
- Manages special projects with the duties of coordination of resources and personnel.
- Serves as a resource for MS related questions.
- Maintains present testing reliability including diagnosing test failures (instrumental and chemical) and implementing corrective action.
- Provides technical understanding of analytical techniques .
- Responsible for informing the appropriate supervisor of all problems associated with the proper performance of test procedures.
- Maintains accurate records of all corrective and preventive maintenance to satisfy to licensing requirement.
- Actively supports and complies with laboratory policies and procedures.
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- B. S. or M. S. in appropriate clinical or applied science, six (6) years of R & D experience
- Ability to see projects to completion.
- Ability to manage time and details.
- Good verbal and written skills required.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively with supervisors, co-workers and clients.
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.