Denver law firm has an immediate need for an ambitious Legal Secretary. Candidates must possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in a law firm environment. The position requires a positive, proactive, service-oriented approach, the ability to work with a range of people, and high attention to detail and work product standards. This position requires thorough knowledge of all firm administrative processes, IT systems, and research tools. The scope of responsibilities includes prioritizing, managing, and following through on multiple projects, and communicating effectively and professionally with clients, attorneys, and staff. A collaborative attitude and passion for supporting an office and a team of busy professionals are a must!
Job Duties & Requirements:
* Maintain attorney calendars, including scheduling appointments and making travel arrangements
* Track and file client documents and contact information
* Draft and edit letters and basic legal documents
* Assist attorneys with contacting clients and opposing counsel to coordinate meetings and conference calls
* Organize and maintain case files
* Conduct basic legal and internet research on various subjects, companies, and people using CourtLink, LEXIS, PACER, Bloomberg, and Westlaw
* Maintain organized files for attorney bar memberships and reimbursements
* Enter time sheet and disbursement information into tracking software
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Must be proficient in Outlook, MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint
* A minimum of 3+ years' experience in a law firm setting required
* Must be well-organized with the ability to manage and prioritize tasks across a variety of departments
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and a pleasant, professional telephone manner are a must
If you are interested in this Legal Secretary role, please apply ASAP!
EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.