SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world. We are assembling a new facility in San Antonio, Texas, to provide cyber security services to organizations within the North American region as SGS DTS NAM. These services will include penetration testing and vulnerability assessments, compliance auditing, and training.
You will help the lead Pen Tester build and improve the capability and perform penetration testing services for SGS clients. These services will include, but are not limited to, internal and external penetration testing, remote and onsite social engineering, war dialing, wireless assessments, and network security architecture reviews.
More specifically, you will:
- Assist the Lead Penetration Tester in facilitating the technical requirements, configuring and preparing tool kits, and executing penetration testing and vulnerability assessment services;
- Be a team-oriented person, working with other members of the SGS DTS NAM team to ensure that we provide our clients with thorough, professional security services, which deliver value to business and technical end-users;
- Assist in providing the content for client management and technical reports, detailing the results of the assessments in both a technical and non-technical manner;
- Assist clients with questions regarding vulnerabilities and the remediation efforts involved in eliminating them;
- Improve customer deliverables through report template and procedural updates;
- Collaborate with each of the SGS cyber lab personnel, share information and capabilities, and enable standardized or benchmark practices where possible;
- Expand personal training and education goals to offer more specialized services such as Internet of Things (IoT), Web Applications, Software, Industrial Control Systems / Operational Technology, and Red Teaming.
- Two years applied penetration testing experience with an additional two years of cyber security experience, or a bachelor’s degree in a technical or cyber related field;
- Penetration testing certification such as OSCP, GPEN, ECSA, PENTEST+, or equivalent (CREST CRT desired);
- Understanding and applied use of vulnerability scanning tools and penetration tool suites such as Metasploit, Kali, Burp Suite, OpenVAS or Nessus;
- Understanding of network enterprise environments and dependencies, wired/wireless/virtual architectures, and the respective networking equipment.
This position will be based at our Cyber Lab in San Antonio.