Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, incumbent is responsible for all facets of provisioning and access control management for all populations (employee, visitor, contractor, vendor, etc) of persons accessing various buildings for DGS clients and ensure proper authorization/access into buildings.
Location: Atlanta, GA – Camp Creek/Air Cargo Employee Screening
Position: Security Employee Temperature Screener
Pay Rate: $13.00
Available Schedules: Various Full Time Shifts (Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat)
- Must be visible all times during shift.
- Good people skills, good interpersonal skills and pleasant personality; able to communicate with people of all levels
- Customer service oriented
- Strong team player and ability to work independently
- You are required to take temperature of the visitors/staff/ or public that enter the Building/Office/Property/Museum/Aircraft
- Your duties at the check point of the kiosks/gates is to advise visitors to fill in “Travel Declaration Forms” if applicable, take temperature and record the readings.
- Recording of attendees'/visitors' details, temperature, and other relevant information as required by the client
- Keep track of stock level for masks, thermometer covers, and working conditions of thermometers, etc.
- Applicants need to speak, read and write fluid English.
- Write clear and concise reports
- Screens visitors, couriers and contractors prior to entering building.
- Takes reports of criminal or other suspicious activities dealing with Company’s property, personnel or operations.
- Advises management team of any emergency or security incident for appropriate resolution.
- Handles all building emergency alarms (i.e., fire, elevator entrapment, intercom and so forth).
- Performs any other security related assignment as needed.
- Inventory keys, radios and other equipment and issue keys to the contractor.
- Minimum one (1) to two (2) years of security experience is preferred.
- Applicants need to speak, read and write fluid English.
- Knowledge of security principles and practices.
- Must be able to supervise, coach or commend staff.
- Must be able to enforce rules and regulations as required by the client.
- Must be able to write incident reports.
- Must be able to work well with people of various backgrounds and all levels of management.
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must demonstrate professional/ethical behavior in all DGS roles, tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
MENTAL ABILITIES: Must be able to follow directions, read and interpret documents and remain alert at all times to identify potential areas of danger.
- Safety - Ability to follow established safety policy and procedures and identifies and corrects conditions that affect safety in the workplace.
- Attendance and Reliability –Ability to maintain regular attendance and report to work on time and at assigned post at the start of the shift.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly to ensure locations are secured.
- Diversity - Ability to work in a friendly, respectful and professional manner with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability etc.
- Honesty/Integrity/Ethical Standards – Ability to maintain high standards and be honest and ethical while performing job duties and handling customer belongings.
- Communication - Ability to communicate in a professional manner with others orally or written and actively attend to, convey and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Customer Service Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs and personal belongings while following company procedures.
- Teamwork – Ability to work with others as a team to perform and complete job duties.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace such as working different schedules, locations, assignments, shifts or working at various paces.
EDUCATION: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) is preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age; eligible to work in US; able to pass pre-employment drug screen, FBI criminal and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Applicant needs reliable transportation, and the ability to work extra hours as needed (overtime to staff the operation if needed.
Lift/carry up to 70 lbs
Reach Above Shoulder
Lift/carry greater than 70 lbs
Push/Pull up to 70 lbs
Stoop, Squat, Kneel, Bend
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5 hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5 hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Sense of Sound/Hearing – Must be able to communicate by radio, phone, and other devices.
- The incumbent is regularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in crowded public areas of the locations under tight time constraints to direct customer contact. The noise level in the work environment can be moderate to loud. The pace of the work varies depending on the assignment, season, location, and weather. Employees may be stationed on the outside or inside of the assigned building and may be exposed to inclement weather such as rain, sleet, snow, ice and extreme heat and cold.
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Particular functions, tasks and requirements may vary or be added depending upon the location and operational requirements. This document does not represent a contract of employment and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform at the Company’s discretion.