Essential Functions / Key Responsibilities
• Sign-in visitors and notify employee for escort.
• Lock and unlock doors and monitor alarms via the computer system.
• Receive and sign for packages.
• Schedule appointments and meetings.
• Provides consistent access control through verification of guest and employee credentials.
• Performs perimeter, parking lot, and building patrol on foot or in vehicle.
• Greets guest and employees in a cheerful welcoming manner.
• Provides direction and answers questions to assist guests and employees.
• Admits and controls incoming traffic.
• Remains flexible as environment changes and is ready to take on other duties as assigned.
• Handles all building emergency alarms (i.e., fire, elevator entrapment, intercom and so forth
• Advises management team of any emergency or security incident for appropriate resolution
• Patrols and document security related inquiries from tenants, employees and the general public.
• Performs any other security related assignment as needed
• Assists and supports Management with administrative and clerical duties.
• Other duties as assigned by Management
• Provide excellent customer service
• Must be a local (in-state) resident.
• Valid In-State Driver’s License.
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
• Ability to pass up to a 10-year background check.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
• Must complete SIDA training if needed to obtain airport authority identification security.
• Must be open minded and ready to work as part of a detail-oriented team.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong work ethic.
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
• High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) is preferred.
• Minimum 1+ years of relevant experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Able to communicate information and instructions verbally and/or via radio equipment.
• Able to communicate effectively in a professional manner.
• Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
• Employees work inside the Delta Air Line corporate offices. Utilizes a personal computer. May sit for long periods.
• Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations.
• Must be able to lift / carry / push / pull and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40 to 50 pounds on raised surfaces.
• Must be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
• Sense of Sound/Hearing – Must be able to communicate by radio, phone, and other devices.
• The incumbent is regularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• Must be able to work in cramped or high places.
Unifi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.