- Supervises and coordinates daily activities of employees to ensure a safe and effective operation.
- Monitors and enforces safe working habits in accordance with OSHA, TSA, DOT, USPS regulations, ERMC and Safety policies, and all applicable laws.
- Responsible for shift schedule to include: work assignments, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
- Enforces Company policies and procedures including disciplinary action and promotes ERMC policy on Equal Employment Opportunity, Anti-Harassment and diversity initiatives.
- Responds to employee issues or complaints in a timely manner.
- Communicates with Station Manager concerning any problems or issues.
- Schedules and conducts shift meetings.
- Trains, coaches, counsels and mentors employees in compliance with ERMC and station policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Proven knowledge of cargo operations
- Previous Supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge of ERMC, Safety, Security, Ramp, Cabin Service, Operations, Customer Service, FAA, Airport, OSHA,USPS, DOT and Station policies and procedures. Must be able to follow directions, read and interpret documents.
- Safety - Ability to follow established safety policy and procedures and identifies and corrects conditions that affect safety in the workplace and must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as reflective vest, gloves, safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and ear plugs.
- Attendance and Reliability –Ability to maintain regular attendance and report to work on time and at assigned post at the start of the shift.
- Problem Solving/Judgment- Gathers and analyzes information and utilizes knowledge of procedures to make sound decisions in a timely manner.
- Communication - Ability to communicate in a professional manner with others orally or written and actively attend to, convey and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Leadership/Coaching/Counseling-Ability to lead, motivate, coach and council employees in concert with Company and Station goals and objectives.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly to service or load aircraft.
- Diversity - Ability to work in a friendly, respectful and professional manner with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability etc..
- Honesty/Integrity/Ethical Standards – Ability to maintain high morale standards and be honest and ethical while performing job duties and handling customer belongings.
- Customer Service Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs and personal belongings while following company procedures.
- Organizational/Time Management-Ability to work in an organized fashion and under tight time constraints to service aircraft or customers.
- Teamwork – Ability to work with others as a team to perform and complete job duties.
EDUCATION: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) is preferred. One (1) to two (2) years of supervisory experience preferred. Prior ramp, cabin or customer service experience required.
Must be 18 years of age; possess a valid Driver’s License; eligible to work in US; able to pass pre-employment drug screen, FBI criminal and USPS background check; and complete ramp and SIDA training to obtain airport authority identification security badge.