The Security Temperature Screener is responsible for all facets of provisioning and access control management for all populations (employee, visitor, contractor, vendor, etc) of persons accessing various buildings for DGS/Unifi clients and ensures proper authorization/access into buildings.
Essential Functions / Key Responsibilities
- You are required to take temperature of the visitors/staff/ or public that enter the Building/Office/Property/Aircraft
- Your duties at the check point of the kiosks/gates is to advise visitors to fill in “Travel Declaration Forms” if applicable, take temperature and record the readings.
- Recording of attendees'/visitors' details, temperature, and other relevant information as required by the client
- Keep track of stock level for masks, thermometer covers, and working conditions of thermometers, etc.
- Provides consistent access control through verification of guest and employee credentials.
- Performs perimeter, parking lot, and building patrol on foot or in vehicle.
- Provides direction and answers questions to assist guests and employees.
- Open and closes gates, proactively secures and controls areas as needed. Admits and controls incoming traffic. Inspects identification and vehicle decals.
- Monitors closed circuit systems and alarms.
- Inventory keys, radios and other equipment and issue keys to the contractor.
- Handles all building emergency alarms (i.e., fire, elevator entrapment, intercom and so forth.
- Advises management team of any emergency or security incident for appropriate resolution.
- Patrols and document security related inquiries from tenants, employees and the general public.
- Performs other related duties as assigned within the appropriate skill and experience capabilities expected for this position.
- Must be a local (in-state) resident.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to pass up to a 10-year background check.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must complete SIDA training if needed to obtain airport authority identification security.
- Must be open minded and ready to work as part of a detail-oriented team.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) is preferred.
- Minimum 1+ years of relevant experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to communicate information and instructions verbally and/or via radio equipment.
- Able to communicate effectively in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of security principles and practices.
- (Various FT Shifts) Sun-Wed or Thu-Sat
- You will need to have flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Must be able to be alert to move vehicles or aircraft and use radio equipment.
- Enjoy the outdoors on a daily basis (sun, rain, sleet or snow!) May be exposed to a wide variety of weather conditions, jet and machinery noises, fumes, dirt and dust for extended periods.
- Must be able to lift / carry / push / pull and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40 to 50 pounds on raised surfaces.
- Must be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
- Must be able to work in cramped or high places.
Unifi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.