SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 90,000 employees in 130 countries, and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
SGS's Agriculture and Food services provide clients what they want: end-to-end supply chain services that reduce risk, ensure quality and improve productivity while providing consumers assurance of safety and quality at every stage.
Performing general laboratory duties for SGS's 68,000 square foot, state of the art agricultural testing laboratory, located in Brookings, SD. This position offers full time, day hours in a fast paced work environment while also offering excellent benefits and casual dress.
- Prepare, label, plant, process, treat and file samples.
- Troubleshoot and monitor for irregularities in seed or seedling test results, media, temperatures, equipment and facilities.
- Prepare seed treatment chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
- Assist with keeping laboratory area and equipment clean and organized.
- Insure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System.
- Perform general laboratory duties.
- Promote responsibility, good work habits, a positive work environment and improve customer service.