Are you a college student majoring in Agriculture, Plant Science, or other related fields? Do you have the knowledge and/or experience with Ag operations? Do you possess excellent leadership, multi-tasking, and communication skills? Can you work overtime as necessary? If you said yes to these questions, and you have good interpersonal skills, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking a Seed Technician Assistant to be responsible for supporting branch operations in a variety of agriculture aspects while gaining exposure to different sides of the business to including row/specialty crops, seed treatments and seed production (and more). This position will provide support to Seed Operations Specialist and the Integra National Seed Agronomist to prepare strip plot and research plot seed for shipment, enter harvest data, assist with plot seed inventory management, and assemble plot materials.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- College student majoring in Agriculture, Plant Science, or related field is preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred)
- Intermediate level proficiency with standard software including MS Office Suite
- Ability to safely operate company machinery within state laws and company policies and guidelines
- Ability to repetitively bend, kneel and walk long distances while working in a non-climate-controlled environment and outside in inclement weather
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Occasionally may need to work Saturdays
Key Personal Attributes:
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills with seed operation specialists, Integra agronomist, and other employees
- Dependability in a team setting and individual task completion
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables:
- Enter harvest data into seed operating system (will train)
- Organize and assemble plot marketing materials and plot seed inventory to be distributed to Integra seed sales locations nationwide
- Package and label research seed products
- Label and breakdown strip lot seed
- Build and wrap pallets for shipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Support the employer, keep the employer's business confidential, and work for the employer's best interest
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive hourly wage commensurate with experience and other factors
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Integra Integra Integra Integra Integra Integra Integra
Agronomist Agronomist Agronomist Agronomist Agronomist Agronomist
seed seed seed seed seed seed seed