SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 90,000 employees in 130 countries, and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
SGS's Agriculture and Food services provide clients what they want: end-to-end supply chain services that reduce risk, ensure quality and improve productivity while providing consumers assurance of safety and quality at every stage.
The Seed Technologist is responsible for the evaluation of samples and germinating seedlings in standard, vigor and herbicide bioassay tests.
- Evaluate germinating seeds/seedlings per established procedures/rules on standard, vigor, tetrazolium, and herbicide bioassay tests on all submitted species.
- Review AOSA, ISTA and Canadian Rules and Seedling Evaluation references periodically.
- Troubleshoot and monitor for irregularities in seed or seedling test results, media, temperatures, equipment and facilities.
- Expand knowledge and professionalism in seed technology by participating in in-house continuing education, enrolling in relevant coursework, attending workshops, participating in professional seed technology committees and associations.
- Ensure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System.
- Review and update standard operating procedures for germination testing.
- Assist in other areas of the company as needed.