Segment Director - Vaccination Services (Lenexa, Kansas)
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
About Employer Population Health
Employer Population Health (EPH) is a Quest Diagnostics business focusing on offering population health screening and solutions for employers. Companies leverage clinical insights from Quest to identify risks, connect to care, and empower better health. Insights from the programs Quest offers serve as the foundation to improve employee health and reduce healthcare spending.
Each year, Quest touches the lives of more than 3.5 million individuals and insights from the programs Quest offers serve as the foundation for continuous improvement in employee health and well-being, along with a reduced healthcare spend.
About Quest’s Vaccine Initiative
The Segment Director responsible for Vaccine services within EPH will serve as the national expert and leader for Vaccine services at Quest Diagnostics. In this role the incumbent will develop and manage the roadmap for launching new and upgraded solutions, commercialize the offering, and will serve as a thought leader for vaccinations at Quest Diagnostics.
Located in Lenexa, Kansas, this role establishes vision and profitable growth strategy for the Employer Population Health Business. Leads new solution development and life cycle management for segment through a cross-functional team. Advocates and prioritizes business cases to the GM and Commercial Leader of the Employer Population Health Business and wins support to execute strategies through Marketing and the value-delivery organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish vision and profitable growth strategy (organic and acquired) for employer segment as part of annual strategic planning process
• Lead cross functional teams to identify, develop and implement product/solutions addressing unmet customer needs that will drive profitable growth
• Develop Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for assigned segment in concert with the business leadership
• Execute effective life-cycle management across the segment through robust cross-functional team management
• Work with business leaders to achieve agreed revenue, volume, and margin targets in AOP
• Partner with Marketing on product/solution marketing strategy and mix
• Rigorously assess new products/solutions to enable prioritization within R&D, IT and Operations
• Generate customer insights to define customer/market segment requirements to set product/portfolio solution, priority setting, risk management
• Define requirements for partnerships, alliances, ventures for assigned segment and evaluate/manage the relationships
• Develop and drive strategic direction for products and solutions
• Define and manage product/service metrics (including TAT and other potential requirements such as billing programs, prior authorization, etc.)
• Assure the voice of customer is brought into the in-line and product/solution creation process
• Understand the competitive landscape to insure we have winning solutions in development and in the marketplace
• Understand continuum of care requirements and gaps
• Achieve revenue, volume, and margin targets in AOP
• Development of 3-year Strategic Plan
• Development of AOP specific to product segment
• Manage SWB, vendors, and discretionary spend
Direct & Indirect Reports: 1-3
• Requires Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, business, marketing and/or product management. Advanced degree/ MBA preferred.
• 10+ years relevant experience in healthcare with at least 5 years in marketing & product management
• Previous P&L management experience preferred
• Talent assessment, selection, development, employee retention, employee engagement
• Executive presence, composure, KOL relationships
• Leading change, change management, flexibility
• Negotiations skills
• Solid business acumen
• Ability to work in matrix organization
• Ability to influence others
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.