Responsible for the research and accounting of complex accounting transactions and the annual and quarterly reporting of the Company’s consolidated financials to the SEC.
- Assist with SEC reporting, including involvement in the preparation of earnings call materials, all requiring detailed coordination with leadership and staff across functional units.
- Assist with technical accounting research relating to complex transactions, including business acquisitions and dispositions, debt refinancing and stock compensation.
- Assist with accounting for interest rate swaps, fuel hedges, stock compensation and self-insurance reserves.
- Responsible for implementation of new ASUs, including ASC 842, Leases.
- Manage annual impairment analysis and 401(k) audit.
- Assist with and manage various internal reporting tasks.
Education and experience requirements:
- CPA required.
- 3-4+ years of experience required in public accounting and/or technical accounting responsibilities for a corporate accounting department.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Math, analytical and budgeting skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of income statement and balance sheet analysis.
- Verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present to senior management.
- Organizational and planning skills to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Consulting and collaboration skills.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).