What You Can Offer Us
- Work with key stakeholders to identify, research, and report to the GBS center on agreements and transactions and their expected accounting treatment.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information and deliverables from the GBS center.
- Develop, monitor, and review deliverables between the GBS center and the business, ensuring that they are thorough, timely, and comply with U.S. GAAP and accounting policies.
- Contribute to the monthly accounting close process for GBS-related activities; research and report on variances from budget, forecast, or business expectations.
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies and procedures related to GBS center and Interface team activities.
- Assist with driving accounting close and reporting improvements and efficiencies by recommending modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed (Qualifications & Experience Education)
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- CPA candidate strongly preferred.
- Between 2–3 years of public accounting experience required.
- Lease accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Oracle or similar ERP with lease administration experience a plus.
- Approximately 10% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
- Strong organization, planning, and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
American Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.