The Sr. Accountant is responsible for month end close, preparing monthly & annual audited financial statements, working with the Services team on monthly fixed fee and T&M revenue recognition, software revenue accounting, software capitalization accounting, and various other balance sheet and P&L responsibilities.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
- CPA, or CPA track
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Software Revenue Recognition accounting (ASC 985-605)
- Review of new contracts/PO's for software revenue recognition criteria, prepare revenue recognition memos for complex contracts
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to assist with revenues and expense projections, as well as cost control.
- Work with Accounting team & other dept personnel on month & quarter-end close
- Prepare monthly financial package
- Work with external auditors on year-end audit
- Preparation of year-end Consolidated GAAP financial statements and related notes
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and analysis as required
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, spreadsheets, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to GAAP and procedural standards.
- Work with Controller to maintain/update key accounting policies & procedures
- Assist with State & Local tax reporting as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.