What Data Analytics contributes to Cardinal Health
Data Analytics is responsible for understanding, preparing, processing and analyzing data to make the data valuable and useful for operational and/or decision making purposes. Data Analytics may need to team with either Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics and Data Governance positions to create highly useful information.
- Uses knowledge of business objectives, strategies, and needs to identify opportunities where data can be leveraged to achieve the desired business benefits.
- Has an understanding of current data context, processes and availability, and how current data processes and existing data can be leveraged to achieve the desired benefits.
- Prepares and analyzes data. This can include: locating, profiling, cleansing, extracting, mapping, importing, transforming, validating or modeling.
- Applies query, data exploration and transformation, basic statistical methods and visualization techniques to create business insights or improve data quality.
- Performs validation and testing to confirm the accuracy of the information created.
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues, and develops recommendations to support business objectives.
- Communicates complex information so that it is easy to understand and influences other to take action based on the useful information provided.
- Implements and maintains decision support or master data management solutions.
- The primary role of the Senior Advisor Data Analytics (Data Lead, Data & Analytics) is to ensure and maintain a Data Model that describes how data is processed, stored, and utilized.
- Develop an understanding of the various business processes involved in the functional areas they are aligned with and work to improve those processes with the solutions they implement.
- Have expertise in data movement and database technologies.
- Requires a thorough business process analysis understanding of existing workflows and systems, supports the documentation of current processes and systems, and supports the creation of requirements for new processes.
- Provide functional support for various Enterprise Applications systems by acting as the liaison between the business and technical teams to identify, analyze, and translate requests into specifications and configured solutions, use cases, and business processes.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Define the architectural approaches for data environments and help ensure the data needs of the organization are being met. Responsible for developing and maintaining a formal description of the data and data structures - including data definitions and data models, as well as the strategy and design for managing data history.
- Assist in business process design, functional specifications & documentation (under the guidance of external Business Process Design & Subject Matter Experts)
- Partner with business teams to create Fit Gap Analysis, Key Decision Documents and options analysis, and Functional Specifications for the solutions to be implemented
- Partner with reporting, technical, data and change management leads to document functional requirements and specifications
- Responsible for activities such as requirement gathering, assessing requirements, test planning, analysis, and concept development.
- Interact with Project Managers from multiple organizations to track project progress, identify risks, communicate risks and status to supervisor, and to assess potential impacts to the business.
- Generate ideas and suggestions for process improvements that are needed within business and IT organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise of the data within the systems being developed or enhanced.
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills that non-technical business and end- users can understand.
- Work on multiple projects at one time.
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of data management concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of data-driven activities
- Recommends new data practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
- Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- 8+ years of experience in related field, including experience with specific tools in scope such as data platforms including SAP HANA, GCP Big Query, and SQL Server preferred
- Experience with data movement technologies such as SLT, Attunity
- Demonstrated expertise of database design and modeling
- Expert knowledge of BI Reporting and Data Discovery tools
- Experience with business critical applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial implications of projects.
- Experience on large-scale implementation programs preferred
- Experience with SAP or integrating to SAP is mandatory
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (i.e. Computer Science) or equivalent work experience preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.