- The Senior Agile Coach will be accountable for agile training, coaching and development of product and project teams to adopt and implement lean and agile mindsets and practices. In addition, training and coaching will be required for senior and executive leadership that are critical sponsors and enablers of change.
- This person will also lead tailoring agile and DevSecOps practices to fit the unique needs of package, configuration, SaaS and non-traditional development teams and products.
- As part of the transformational initiative, the Senior Agile Coach will contribute to our “operating model”, scaling approach and playbooks. Partnering with IT and business leaders to apply these practices through continuous learning and improvement will be key.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Deliver hands-on training and coaching of defined agile practices to individual teams and programs.
- Drive continuous improvement to enable higher performing program/organizations and/or teams with improved business and customer outcomes.
- Coach Agile Product Managers, Product Owners, Agile Team Facilitators / Scrum Masters, Team Members (Analysts, Developers, Testers) and Leaders.
- Define and implement scaled agile techniques and practices when necessary. Advance adoption through partnering and influencing change.
- Collaborate with individual teams/programs and organizations to discover their needs; Plan and deliver instruction and coaching while ensuring alignment with their organizational strategy.
- Coach / coordinate team or cross-team planning events such as rolling wave planning, Increment planning or other similar ceremonies / events
- 6+ years’ experience performing as an Agile team member such as Agile Team Facilitator / Scrum Master, Product Owner, Analyst or Engineering practice lead
- 3+ years’ experience as an Agile Coach or working in a similar role in a lean or scrum environment with demonstrated experience standing up new teams
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and methodologies
- Ability to influence change across both team and leadership levels through relationship building and collaboration
- Agile certification(s) from Scrum Alliance, ICAgile, Project Management Institute, SAFe or other agile organizations
- Demonstrates Agile mindset and working knowledge of Agile techniques including Scrum, Kanban, User Story Writing, eXtreme Programming, and a scaling framework such as SAFe or LeSS
- Experience with training development and delivery
- Strong collaboration, facilitation and conflict management skills
- Experience with Agile Engineering Practices including Continuous Integration, Test Driving Development (TDD), Pair Programming, Automated Testing, Evolutionary Design, etc.
- Bachelors degree or (4 additional years of IT experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree)
What Information Technology contributes to Cardinal Health
Information Technology is responsible for the effective development, delivery and operation of computing and information services. Anticipates, plans and delivers IT solutions and strategy which enable business value.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 6 years experience
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.