Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
This position is responsible for conducting analytical studies regarding Quest’s executive compensation and related programs and managing the company’s long-term incentive plans for executives and directors. The position will report to the Director, Executive Compensation and will impact the planning, designing, and implementation of these programs to ensure they support Quest’s strategic objectives, are market competitive and meet all legal requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures Quest’s participation in relevant external executive level benchmarking studies.
• Evaluates benchmarking data for Executive positions
• Conducts internal analytics relating to executive compensation
• Manages and administers key aspects of the equity programs – this includes working with internal and external parties to ensure programs are managed effectively and timely according to policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Manages third party equity administrator (Fidelity). Responsible for making recommendations related to the administration of the equity plans and for all equity reporting from the third party vendor system (Fidelity).
• Manages the administration of the Compensation Program for the Company’s Board of Directors.
• Manages the reporting and communications of the Company’s Share Ownership guidelines for Senior Leadership.
• Proxy table preparation
• Develops materials and other communications to educate employees on the equity programs.
• Routinely interacts with, Auditors, Accounting, Tax and Legal to provide executive compensation data and information.
• Documents administrative practices and procedures, focusing on continuous improvement.
• Develops processes to streamline the administration and communication of the equity program.
• Prepares information and reports regarding LTIP for inclusion in public filings, including the annual proxy statement.
• Monitors accounting, tax and other compensation related laws, regulations and trends to ensure the long term incentive plan is in compliance and effectively designed.
• Monitors program outcomes and customize executive communications to ensure value creation, including increases perceived value of the programs by plan participants.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or related field; Masters of Professional Qualifications will be a plus
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a business environment that includes significant quantitative and analytical work.
• Experience performing Market Pricing/Benchmarking
• Relevant compensation experience (e.g., expertise in the design, development, implementation, and administration of various types of compensation programs) will be viewed as a plus but ability to grow and learn is more important.
• Experience in management of service providers (internal/external – Fidelity stock-based platform).
• Process oriented. ability to focus on process improvements to gain efficiencies without compromising accuracy
• Organized. ability to manage own workload efficiently to fulfill commitments in a timely manner
• Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex concepts
• Team player. ability to work independently as well as in a team
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Must have high level of strategic agility, excellent decision making and problem solving skills, and demonstrated abilities to manage through systems and drive innovation.
• Ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects from conception to completion
Technical Skills and Competencies:
• Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Top notch verbal and written communication skills. Must communicate with employees at all levels within the organization about sensitive and complex compensation matters.
• Capable of thinking ahead and drawing inferences from data in order to anticipate possible outcomes and issues and putting forth suggestions on how to resolve them
• Excellent administrative and organization skills. Must be detail-oriented and thorough with superior and persistent follow-through. Consistently delivers quality on time.
• Ability to be a team player while demonstrating the ability to work independently.
• Needs to be relationship-oriented and successfully deal with a broad range of professionals
*Cloud based knowledge preferred but not required
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patients come first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way.
We have a large recognized brand; we offer flexibility and autonomy, great support, pay and benefits and a comprehensive training and onboarding program.