Senior Analyst, BI Competency Center Job Description
What Software Information Platforms contributes to Cardinal Health
Software and Information Platforms is responsible for technical configuration, design, administration, development, implementation and support of application and information frameworks that Cardinal Health application solutions utilize.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, and business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
- Administer, configure, install BI Tools, like SAP BO and Tableau
- Collaborate with global and domestic IT team members and business end users across all functional areas in identifying and delivering analytic and reporting solutions.
- Participate in system/reporting analysis, design, testing, enhancements and documentation for BI and analytic solutions across all business functions.
- Collaborate with external and internal programmer resources/vendors, as required.
- Provide support to troubleshoot any issues on BI, Analytics and Reporting solutions.
- Ensure that all system security and control procedures are implemented and followed per change and incident management protocols.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
- The candidate must be able clearly demonstrate experience in the following:
- 1 - 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience of working in a fast paced business environment
- Practical experience implementing BI and Analytics solutions
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant field (Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
- Ability to consult with stakeholders and subject matter experts to acquire appropriate business requirements
- Ability to manage deliverables deadlines and planning tasks across multiple resources and work streams.
- Practical experience of working within Agile project management teams
- Strong SQL and data analysis skills (including investigative troubleshooting skills)
- Ability to work well and communicate clearly with technical as well as business team members
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- BI and analytic solutions/technologies
- Possess a good understanding of agile development methodology
- Prior experience of implementing and governance of BI Tools in Cloud is must
- Knowledge of technologies/solutions adopted by including but not limited to:
- Unix/ Linux Scripting
- Good SQL concepts
- Proficiency in any BI tool
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to work on own initiative to drive and deliver results
- Team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.