Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Analyst, Credit Risk Analytics at our Tysons, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this job is to support the Mortgage Credit Risk team by providing effective analysis, monitoring, reporting, and oversight of PenFed’s credit risk exposures associated with real estate lending. This position will prepare, maintain, and analyze data to evaluate credit performance and policies, loan products and attributes; ensure that key performance indicators are identified, monitored and addressed; and ensure that all data used meets the required data quality.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Support the development of effective credit policies by maintaining a monthly mortgage credit risk data preparation and reporting process.
- Enhance portfolio reporting, improve internal efficiencies, and meet changing management and regulatory requirements.
- Identify any additional required data and work with data stewards to identify the appropriate data fields to use.
- Maintain and improve process documentation and credit risk data dictionaries.
- Conduct detailed portfolio and cohort analysis, prepare reports, and present findings.
- Write memos and develop presentations summarizing analysis, results, and recommendations.
- Be a thought leader and proactively review existing reporting and provide recommendations for adding forward looking enhancements to reports.
- Provide management reporting to VP Mortgage Credit Risk, SVP and other senior management on a production and ad hoc basis.
- Coordinate with various functional areas of PenFed (Credit Risk Modeling, Business Lines, Operations, Compliance and Finance) in order to identify strengths and weaknesses in all aspects of account origination and portfolio management that affect key performance indicators and recommend appropriate actions.
- Participate in external and internal audits, and regulatory examinations as needed.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced degree in Business, Quantitative Discipline or Equivalent, Finance or related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in data analysis & reporting, credit risk policy & analysis, credit risk management, or modeling in financial services industry.
- Proficiency with statistical tools such as SQL, SAS, R, or Python required. SQL and SAS are preferred.
- Proficiency in various data analysis and visualization tools including Excel and PowerPoint are required. Tableau is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and escalate issues in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills in order to actively lead and implement ideas in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.