As a Sr. Data Analyst in the Finance Data Analytics department at Smithfield Foods you will be responsible for maintaining, improving, and building new reporting capabilities for the business. You will be responsible for implementing new reporting capabilities, by developing a deep understanding of operational processes and needs, then use technology to deliver impactful reports. You will work with teams in various functional areas of the business and will implement process improvements to streamline the efficiency and accuracy of the reporting process. You will be responsible to deliver daily/weekly/monthly reports accurately and on time. You will also be involved in ad hoc analysis of large datasets to quickly provide insight into the business.Core Responsibilities
- Function as an analytics and reporting expert for the Finance function by developing standard reports and designing, running and maintaining ad hoc queries.
- Participate in the development of reports, metrics, models, scorecards, and dashboards by gathering data and transforming it into stories/insights that drive recommendations and decision-making.
- Publish Reports Daily/Weekly/Monthly accurately and on time
- Build Reports and Dashboards in Microsoft Power BI, Analysis for Office, Bex, and other reporting tools
- Build automated Processes using scripting tools
- Hold Training sessions on how to use the various tools and reports created by the department
- Generate load files for various systems, maintaining system accuracy
- Communicate effectively with report stake holders to ensure strong understanding of the methodology behind all calculations
- Perform ad hoc analysis using data from various systems and explain results of analysis to all levels of management
- Create SOPs and documentation for processes
- Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve processes, increase data integrity, and provide quality customer service to our business partners.
- Provide comprehensive analytical and fact-based reporting to support and/or identify opportunities to impact operational results, make changes to processes, and support strategic initiatives.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Accounting/Finance, Computer Science/Data Analytics or related field and 5+ years of relevant work experience in a Manufacturing/Logistics business environment, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience, required.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Understanding of Windows environment command line tools, .BAT files, and Task Scheduler.
- Ability to build models using advanced features of Excel.
- Strong VBA Skills required.
- Proficient with Power BI, Power Pivot, SAP, SAP Analysis for Office, BPC, Bex Query Designer.
- Proficient in Data analysis in Python using Pandas/Numpy/Jupyter Notebooks.
- Proficient in analyzing data within relational database systems such as MS Access, MS SQL Server, and MySQL.
- Strong understanding of Profit & Loss statements.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and business logic.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with superb attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing and ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Up to 10% travel required.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits