Under the supervision of the SVP / Practice Leader, Discretionary Services, perform a variety of administrative and client service-related functions to facilitate the execution and implementation of investment decisions made by the Discretionary Management Committee (DMC) with the goal of achieving optimal investment performance for clients' Plans. The Sr. Analyst directly supports consultants and clients who subscribe to traditional consulting and Discretionary Services and supports traditional consulting clients who subscribe to the Investment Administration Services. The Sr. Analyst works with all levels on the team to support implementation of investment decisions made by the Board of Trustees of traditional consulting clients with guidance from the Consultant on the account.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Obtain and review meeting notes (Client Meetings and Discretionary Management Committee Meetings) immediately following each client meeting and determine action items.
- Work with consultants and coordinate internally to ensure all items are completed by established deadline. Proactively and regularly communicate with Consultant providing status updates on current projects and open items.
- Actively monitor new account set up process. Periodically check in with attorney during document review (or monitor through CMS). Ensure custodian is notified and appropriate accounts are opened. Identify funding sources, timing of redemptions, and that appropriate directives are written and distributed to ensure a timely transition. Consider asset exposure during times of transition.
- Complete subscription and adoption agreements on behalf of clients
- Assist in compliance functions such as SEC annual custody audit and other required filings
- Act as an “in office” resource to clients- especially administrators and other plan professionals. Establish credibility as an alternative to the consultant with consistent timely and accurate responses.
- Implement asset allocation mixes set by Committee or Client for each Plan. Maintain targets by raising cash from overweight asset classes within ranges and rebalance as directed.
- Monitor assets through regular communication with the custodian and managers. This includes monitoring cash account movements for discretionary services clients.
- Understand account structure at custodian and regular cash flow movements and Instruct and authorize custodian and/or investment managers to transfer assets among managers and asset classes to maintain asset mix targets for fiduciary clients.
- Become a proficient user to wire system used to generate and distribute client directives.
- Provide excellent, ongoing customer service to each client by providing immediate, knowledgeable responses to questions and concerns. Initiate proactive communications with client.
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of formal procedures.