Under the supervision of the SVP / Practice Leader, Discretionary Services, perform a variety of administrative and client service-related functions to facilitate the execution and implementation of investment decisions made by the Discretionary Management Committee (DMC) with the goal of achieving optimal investment performance for clients26#39; Plans. The Sr. Analyst directly supports consultants and clients who subscribe to traditional consulting and Discretionary Services and supports traditional consulting clients who subscribe to the Investment Administration Services. The Sr. Analyst works with all levels on the team to support implementation of investment decisions made by the Board of Trustees of traditional consulting clients with guidance from the Consultant on the account.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Obtain and review meeting notes (Client Meetings and Discretionary Management Committee Meetings) immediately following each client meeting and determine action items.
- Work with consultants and coordinate internally to ensure all items are completed by established deadline. Proactively and regularly communicate with Consultant providing status updates on current projects and open items.
- Actively monitor new account set up process. Periodically check in with attorney during document review (or monitor through CMS). Ensure custodian is notified and appropriate accounts are opened. Identify funding sources, timing of redemptions, and that appropriate directives are written and distributed to ensure a timely transition. Consider asset exposure during times of transition.
- Complete subscription and adoption agreements on behalf of clients
- Assist in compliance functions such as SEC annual custody audit and other required filings
- Act as an 26ldquo;in office26rdquo; resource to clients- especially administrators and other plan professionals. Establish credibility as an alternative to the consultant with consistent timely and accurate responses.
- Implement asset allocation mixes set by Committee or Client for each Plan. Maintain targets by raising cash from overweight asset classes within ranges and rebalance as directed.
- Monitor assets through regular communication with the custodian and managers. This includes monitoring cash account movements for discretionary services clients.
- Understand account structure at custodian and regular cash flow movements and Instruct and authorize custodian and/or investment managers to transfer assets among managers and asset classes to maintain asset mix targets for fiduciary clients.
- Become a proficient user to wire system used to generate and distribute client directives.
- Provide excellent, ongoing customer service to each client by providing immediate, knowledgeable responses to questions and concerns. Initiate proactive communications with client.
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of formal procedures.
- Bachelor26rsquo;s degree with a concentration in accounting, or related discipline.
- 2 to 3 years related experience.
- CPA preferred / CPA in progress
- Familiarity with custody, investment consulting, and investment management operations would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to meet frequent tight deadlines in a detail oriented environment with a high level of accuracy.
Affirmative Action/Diversity Inclusion at Segal:
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.