Hilton is creating a premier data & analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton's performance.
What will I be doing?
The Analytics team serves as internal consultants to key functions across the business, including Hilton's Customer, Marketing, Digital, and Revenue and Sales organizations, with specialized support for the executive leadership team. The team consists of both embedded subject matter authorities (like this role), who serve as strategic advisors to key partners and technical guides, who are proficient in Tableau, R, SAS and MicroStrategy. The team is fully integrated within the business functions in order to ensure close collaborative partnerships and to effectively measure and drive company performance.
As the Senior Analyst, Master Data Management, you will report to the Senior Manager, Master Data Management and will have blended responsibilities of Data and Business Analysis. As a member of the Hilton Team, we will depend on you to support core enterprise Customer Master Data Management, all customer related data domains and coordinate all aspects of Master Data Management for specific domains including strategy, planning, management, and technology solution including Customer Data Platforms (CDP), matching capability and overall delivery. This role will have close ties and overlap with Data Governance, Data Quality and Reporting functions.
More specifically, you will:
- Evaluate operational efficiency and effectiveness within defined agile sprint process.
- Analyze information, requirements, data, work quality, work methods, processes, service specific practices, standards and metrics.
- Use elicitation techniques to gather information at the right level of detail and range to represent all of the partner's needs.
- Analyze, define and document technical design for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating systems environment, work with other systems, internal and external controls and output.
- Define hierarchies and groupings and manage create, read, update, delete (CRUD) processes.
- Coordinate with Business Data Stewards to develop matching rules, identify match attributes, and develop survivorship rules.
- Provide and maintain authoritative source of reconciled, high-quality master data.
- Define and maintain hierarchies, affiliations, and match rules.
- Plan and coordinate the execution for enterprise master data (aligned by customer).
- Collaborate with information integration analysts to handle core master data.
- Serve as a point of contact for all master data within specific domains and coordinate with Business Data Stewards to ensure the quality of master data.
- Maintain an authoritative source of reconciled, high-quality master data.
- Define mapping for any systems that receive write-back of master data and coordinating with IT architecture to implementation mapping.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking dynamic, collaborative problem solvers, who are passionate about hospitality and love solving hard problems. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Problem solvers, who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems
- Self-starters, who take initiative in handling goals, utilize analytical skills and possess adaptability to change and high level of positive energy and drive
- Accountable individuals, who take ownership of projects, effectively communicate results and recommend improvements
- Diplomatic teammates, who possess a good work ethic and high degree of integrity
- Collaborative and interpersonal teammates, who build positive relationships, exhibit tact and earn trust
- Strong communicators, both verbally and in writing, who effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable with leading multiple priorities, working well under time constraints and handling concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years of professional experience
- One (1) year of experience supporting data integration, data governance, data life cycle management, data quality, or data strategy
- One (1) year of experience working with Master Data Management or ETL tools, including Informatica, Talend, Alteryx, Apache Atlas, Collibra, and other data management systems
- Strong Database and SQL knowledge
- Agile experience (through various roles, Data Steward, Scrum Master)
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- One (1) year of experience working with Master Data Management domains, including strategy, planning, management, and technology solution
- Customer Data Platforms (CDP) or Data Management Platforms (DMP) experience
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and statistical skills
- Demonstrated leadership navigating complex organizations
- Solid working experience with surrounding and supporting data quality, data operations, or BI/Data Warehouse/Data Lake
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!