Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Analyst, Accounting Policy at our McLean, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this job is to play a key role in the development and updates of accounting policies. The incumbent will provide guidance on how to operationalize the policies and be a reliable resource on various technical accounting matters affecting the business, etc.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform and/or assist in research on technical accounting topics impacting the business and communicate to various stakeholders
- Document technical accounting guidance and whitepapers to support the bank’s policy and practice positions consistent with US GAAP and / or NCUA regulatory guidance
- Assist in the update and maintenance of the bank’s accounting policies for changes due to new transactions, changes in accounting policies and standards issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)
- Prepare US GAAP annual financial statements and disclosures and assist in the preparation of quarterly call reports
- Monitor and track accounting developments from the FASB and other relevant pronouncements that could impact the bank’s accounting policies, practices, and disclosures
- Assist in the preparation of roadmaps and detailed tracking documentation with respect to the bank’s implementation progress of new accounting standards
- Work closely with divisions, auditors, and consultants to implement new accounting standards
- Perform due diligence as part of mergers and acquisitions and play a critical role in merger integration
- Document current state for existing business processes to support the development of future state business requirements
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance is required
- Minimum of three (3) years’ relevant professional experience in financial services (especially banking and capital markets) is required.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP reporting requirements.
- Able to pivot quickly to effectively manage competing priorities.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
CPA (or working towards getting CPA) and Big 4 experience required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.