Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Architect, Mortgage in any of the following locations: McLean, VA; San Antonio, TX; Papillion, NE; Eugene, OR; or Jacksonville, FL.n. The primary purpose of this job is to enable simple experiences to complex problems in the mortgage line of business.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide leadership, training, coaching and guidance to other architects.
- Lead meetings and presentations aligning strategic direction and reference architecture.
- Actively seek ways to improve processes and interactions.
- Collaborate with leaders and individual contributors to determine best practices, system requirements and justification.
- Document third party integrations and proprietary architecture to socialize values and risks.
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including product owners, developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations.
- Identify and mitigate information security, project and operational risk.
- Coach and train team members to ensure necessary employees are confident in the use and implementation of systems.
- Identify third parties and lead due diligence to compare solutions, explain value and mitigate risk.
- Consultant to enterprise architectural principles and standards.
- Troubleshoot critical third party and proprietary issues to problem resolution.
- Independent problem solver, leverage multiple technology solutions and manage multiple deliverables at one time.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience working in mortgage technology designing and implementing systems.
- Experience as a technical lead of multiple projects simultaneously required.
- Experience with ETL processing and data warehouse required.
- Experience with agile and devops environment required.
- Experience with Ellie Mae Encompass and Black Knight MSP preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft .NET, Salesforce, AWS and MuleSoft preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.