Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Associate, Corporate Communications at our Tysons, VA location. The primary purpose of this job is to proactively execute internal communications initiatives and campaigns that align with, articulate, and support the credit union’s business priorities, growth initiatives, and key messages. The incumbent will also raise national visibility through public relations; and to create effective employee communications to support achieving business objectives and mission.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Utilize the best platforms and channels to efficiently disseminate and engage messaging and measure / analyze the results.
- Ensure quality control during the process of content development, including writing, reviewing, editing, and publishing content.
- Ensure integration and coordination of communications campaigns with internal marketing and social media teams.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Assist with managing vendor and partner relationships.
- Assist in creating a roadmap and content strategy that informs, aligns, and engages employees with the company’s strategic direction, values, and culture.
- Execute internal communications strategies and plans to keep employees informed about corporate initiatives.
- Create engaging content for internal audiences including emails, informational articles, and presentations.
- Collaborate with human resources, IT, and other departments to help develop and execute engaging employee-facing communications that drive awareness and understanding around companywide initiatives, employee benefits, new innovations, products, goals, cultural objectives and more.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the internal editorial and content calendar.
- Serve as point-of-contact with all media.
- Respond to incoming media requests.
- Create communications materials for use with media and other external audiences to include press releases, media pitches, talking points, press kits, fact sheets, etc.
- Conduct outreach and proactively pitch and place media stories.
- Coordinate and support media interviews with company subject matter experts.
- Support media campaigns and tours.
- Research and identify new media opportunities.
- Build and maintain relevant press lists; form relationships with individual journalists to support story development.
- Assist in managing media relations functions including media coverage tracking and analysis reports, and distribution of press releases.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity. *
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in progressive media relations/corporate communications roles in a publicly traded company or public relations firm.
- Excellent newswriting skills and ability to produce fast and top-quality copy.
- Demonstrated experience working with members of the media and serving as a corporate spokesperson.
- Experience developing and executing national public relation campaigns on multiple platforms including broadcast, video, radio, print and digital.
- Experience managing a wide variety of vendors.
- Skill in working with members of executive management teams is strongly preferred.
- Sound judgment and ability to retain confidential information.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.