Look for more than answers.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far-reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Senior Automation Scientist, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
The Senior Automation Scientist will work on-site in Marlborough, MA.
Senior Automation Scientist, the role:
The Senior Automation Scientist plans, prepares and carries out complex automated programming on a variety of instruments. This can include programming liquid handling instruments from manufacturers such as Hamilton, Tecan, or Perkin Elmer. This professional also performs applications programming for a variety of different labs for different biochemical and biological assays. The Senior Automation Scientist prepares reports and analysis of results as related to product/process development improvement. Activities may be focused individual projects or assignments as a member of a project team which may include project leadership duties. This professional makes solid decisions based on experience, see issues before they arise and troubleshoot problems with minimum supervision.
- Develops, plans, and conducts programming and applications maintenance from a variety of biotech instruments. This will include programming liquid handling instruments from manufacturers such as Hamilton, Tecan, or Perkin Elmer.
- Performs applications programming for a variety of different labs for different biochemical and biological assays.
- Reports status of assigned projects through the preparation of detailed reports and documentation that summarize results.
- Works within established parameters on individual assignments, on project teams for longer-term projects and as a technical leader with other team members.
- Identifies problems, investigates alternatives, recommends possible courses of action, and implements as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of technological developments that may assist in the completion of an assignment or lead to new products, processes or procedures by reading current literature.
- Effectively utilizes and applies advanced methods or technologies. Contributes ideas for new product development typically within existing markets.
- Responsibilities may include working with infectious materials, supporting and complying with the company hazard waste handling practices.
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Requires knowledge and skills normally acquired through the successful completion of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Biomechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related scientific discipline. Requires at least 4 years of relevant experience and demonstration of capabilities. For candidates with a Master’s degree 2-3 years of relevant industrial experience are recommended.
- Experience with PCR, ELISA, Next Generation Sequencing, DNA/RNA extraction, HPLC, Liquid Chromatography, and Mass Spectrometry is helpful.
- Relevant experience programming liquid handling instruments from manufacturers such as Hamilton, Tecan, or Perkin Elmer.
- Experience in developing products under design control or cGMP/QSR is a plus.
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.