Location: Weston, FL
Duration: 12+ months
Our medical technologies firm in Weston, FL is looking for a Senior Biomedical Software Test Engineer
The Senior Biomedical Software Test Engineer will drive defect prevention throughout the medical software development lifecycle as well as create and execute software test plans to assure new or modified applications meet the company quality goals and expectations. This position will provide input into the quality processes with the goal of continually improving the effectiveness and efficiency of testing within the Software Test team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and execute tests for all aspects of medical/surgical components/systems to verify the correct functionality, usability, performance and reliability of systems and applications as part of the CI/CT pipeline.
- Active collaboration & participation within Scrum team
- Review User Stories, analyze software requirements with business analysts, designers and developers to ensure they are clear and testable.
- Participate in software design reviews.
- Under supervision, create test strategy and test designs.
- Executes test plans with minimal supervision to verify adherence to the company's development process and software requirement specifications.
- Creates clearly documented bug reports for anomalies found during test procedures. Verify bug fixes and document results.
- Document and communicate testing activities and results. Provide regular progress reports.
- Assist in test planning and risk analysis activities.
- Engage/Collaborate with cross-functional teams. Works closely with development and support groups to facilitate software releases.
- Directly responsible for due dates, metrics, etc.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Own and lead small scale projects/initiatives. Demonstrate ability to improve small scale procedures and processes.
- May periodically lead and train less experienced employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 2+ years software testing experience
- Knowledge of C++ and Python preferred.
- Experience in a regulated software development environment desirable.
- Demonstrated experience using Windows, Microsoft Office, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience with version control systems such as Git
- Demonstrated experience with defect tracking systems such as JIRA
- Demonstrated experience in the following: software testing methods, test case development and software development practices.
- Strong aptitude and interest in manual/automated system and software testing required.
- May require attendance in cadaver labs or O.R. setting
We put our Ambassadors first. When it comes down to it, we know we can't fulfill our Promise to our business customers without your commitment. You represent our organization while on assignment. In return, we do our best to show our commitment to you. Our Ambassador Benefits package includes: Medical, dental and vision coverage. It also includes 401k, sick time, holiday and much more. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.